• click here


New Delhi: Slumdog Millionaire child star Rubina Ali's father apparently wanted become a millionaire by selling his nine-year-old daughter, a British news website reported after conducting a sting operation.
The website reports that in a bid to escape slum life, Rafiq Qureshi had put Rubina up for adoption, demanding 2,00,000 pounds.
However, Qureshi has denied the report.
“These reports are not true. I went to the hotel to shoot an ad film. I would never sell my daughter. I met a man who spoke in Arabic. I didn't understand him,” he said.
Rafiq allegedly offered the shocking deal to the undercover reporters posing as a wealthy family from Dubai.
He reportedly told the fake sheikh, "I have to consider what's best for me, my family and Rubina's future."
According to the website, Rafiq tried to blame Hollywood bosses for forcing him to put his daughter up for sale.
Rafiq's brother Mohiuddin also reportedly said, "The child is special now. This is not an ordinary child. This is an Oscar child!"
Rafiq, who lives in a slum in Mumbai, is reportedly desperate to cash in on his daughter's success in the multiple-Oscar winning film by selling her to the highest bidder.
Rubina won the hearts of film lovers around the world playing young Latika in British director Danny Boyle's film that picked up eight Oscars among many other awards.
The film is about the rags to riches story of a young man from the slums who wins the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Categories:

0 Response for the "Slumdog child star up for sale? Dad denies report"